Annons:
Taggeneral
Read 19771 times
Evelina
2018-01-19 13:33

Do you prefer ebooks or old-fashioned books?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

How do you like to read?

I prefer to read books the old-fashioned way personally! I just love holding a book, being able to see how long it is, the smell, and the look of having a full bookshelf. Nerd

I know many other prefer to read books as ebooks, either for environmentalism, to save money, or for its practicality. 

What about you?

• Edited by Evelina 2021-09-23 09:26
Annons:
Emo
2018-01-21 13:15

The old way (like so much).

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Niklas
2018-01-22 10:31

I definitely prefer any kind of ebook over paper ones. I read on iPad. There are several things I don’t like about paper book. It consumes paper (trees), it consumes physical space, it’s difficult to hold comfortably and delivery times are longer than with ebooks. The paper book as an invention is fantastic though.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-01-23 09:57

The old fashioned way preferably with a soft back book.🙂

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-01-24 15:57

When it comes to reading text books I agree with Niklas, e-books are the way forward, it not only helps the environment but I find they are often cheaper to buy. However when it comes to reading for pleasure I agree with Tammy and Emo, nothing beats the feel and smell of real book.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-01-25 11:48

I agree Tammie and Emo. I don't have the best eyes and that combined with migraines do not mix well with screens. Scared But the environment is very important!

Granja Del Toro
2018-02-24 14:17

I am old school so I prefer paper books…🙂

Annons:
=^_^=
2018-02-26 16:12

Paperbooks look, feel and smell wonderful but I prefer to read ebooks on my kindle.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Tammie
2018-02-26 21:11

I prefer paper books!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Max
2019-01-12 10:50

I used to buy many physical books but haven't bought any for about 10 years now. I just ready ebooks on tablet (except they keep getting stolen), phone (now I have a 6.5in screen it's more or less comfortable or kindle (the response time, is frustrating). I also have alot of audiobooks. I'm always surprised audiobooks are not more popular. People have been listening to each other telling stories hundreds of thousands of years whereas reading texts is something most of humanity has only been doing for around 100 years. I travel alot so being able to keep thousands of books accessible in the cloud is a no brained compared with lugging around 10 physical books.

Evelina
2019-01-12 18:13

#9 Your tablet keeps getting stolen? That's terrible! I have a problem with finishing audiobooks. It really depends on the reader because sometimes I find them to be too monotone and quite boring.

Max
2019-01-12 19:02
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I'm in the Philippines, not Sweden so petty theft is a big problem. I agree re the monotony factor re the reader. It's why it is vital they choose an excellent reader, sadly there are not too many Richard Burtons around. One book that I think is done especially well in audiobook format is Simon Sebag Montefiore's Stalin - In the court of the Red Tsar. Stalin is obviously a paramount figure for anyone hoping to understand 20 Century History amd indeed where we are today. John Nettles' reading of the book successfully conveys the sense of paranoia amd foreboding by those serving at the pleasure of the despot.

Max
2019-01-12 19:12

Those interested to listen to a truly wonderful reading voice should check out Richard Burton's classic poetry reading sessions, including Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood. These are available on Audible, but more easily listened on Spotify by anyone with an account.

Evelina
2019-01-12 19:23

#11 Ill have to check that book out sometime then

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-12 19:53

#12: Do you mean that Audible books can be listened to as a part of your Spotify subscription or that you can listen to Audible books in the Spotify app but with an Audible subscription?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-01-12 20:46

I think he just meant that you can probably find the audiobook (s) on Spotify if you are a member.

Max
2019-01-12 22:14

Anyone with a Spotify account, either paid or free/add supported or paid for (Currently here in Phils they are doing a usd 0.2 (yes 20cents) intro subscription for 3 months) can access their audiobook selection no need to be a member of Audible. Their selection is very limited compared to Audible and you won't find recent bestsellers. Nevertheless it's worth checking out just search audiobooks genre in Spotify. There are a few gems including the poetry readings of Richard Burton.

Niklas
2019-01-14 11:18

Thanks, I found it. I didn't know they were there. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Max
2019-01-14 12:12

Yes its almost as though they are keeping it a secret. Almost zero advertising

Max
2019-01-14 12:18

#13. I'm quite a slow reader so have to be selective with what I read, therefore in practice I read little fiction. Sebag-Montefiori s Stlain Court of the Red Tsar reads like a novel but describes real events crucial to an understanding of our current political environment

Leia
2019-01-14 22:49

#9 #10

I would personally always choose a physical book over an audible one as I think looking at words on a page will drastically improve my language and literacy skills.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-16 10:29

Another thing I like about digital textbooks, is that you can easily find things you’re looking for. Search will give you all occurrences of a word or phrase. That said, I almost exclusively read fact books.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: