Annons:
Tagcli-fi
Read 2483 times
Evelina
2018-01-19 14:23

Cli-fi

You might have wondered what Cli-fi stands for, and although it looks like Sci-fi, it is indeed a bit different from Sci-fi. 

Climate fiction, popularly abbreviated as cli-fi, is literature that deals with climate change and global warming. Not necessarily speculative in nature, works of cli-fi may take place in the world as we know it or in the near future. - Wikipedia 

“Cli‐fi” is a term coined by blogger Dan Bloom to describe fiction dealing with the current and projected effects of climate change. … Cli-fi as a new genre has taken off in a big way and is now being studied by universities all over the world. But don’t make the mistake of confusing it with sci-fi. If you think stories showing the effects of climate change are still only futuristic fantasies, think again. For example, I would argue that the only truly fantastical element in my books is that the animals talk. To one boy. Other cli‐fi elements of my story that are often described as fantastical or dystopian, include the death of nearly all the animals in the world. That’s just me painting an extreme picture, right, to make a good story? I wish. - A quote written by Piers Torday in the Guardian

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: