Annons:
Taggeneral
Read 6219 times
Leia
2018-03-06 14:50

Amazon Kindle

Do you own an Amazon Kindle? If so which one?

Do you prefer other brands of E-readers?

What do you like most about your device?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Leia
2018-03-06 14:54
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I used to own this model.

It now refuses to turn on, but it was affordable and had no glare like you get with an iPad. This made it feel more like a real book, however, downloading and searching for books was time-consuming and complicated due to the lack of touchscreen/keyboard.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2018-03-06 14:56

I dont own one! I thought about buying one but I prefer paper books.

=^_^=
2018-04-01 11:37

I own the Kindle paperwhite, if I remember correctly. Love it! I generally search for books through my computer or phone beforehand and only use it for actual reading. I love how you can read comfortably both at nighttime and in daylight.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Tammie
2018-04-09 17:21

I don't own one. I really like paperbacks and there are apps that work for reading e-books on line so I have not had a need for one.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Max
2019-01-13 02:27

I more or less exclusively use ebooks and audiobooks now. My physical book collection is thousands of miles away, eventually I may just give it away the same as I did with my LP (remember those) and CD collections. I have had a couple of Kindle epaper type readers as well as a couple of non Kindle ones (Kobo). Out of the models I've had the Kindle ones are probably superior. I just resent lining Jeff Bezos' pockets even more. The Kindle HD 8 is a low powered but very cheap tablet. If you are OK with being totally tied into the the Amazon ecosystem it's probably OK, you can de Amazon it but then I find it a bit sluggish. Epaper readers are superior if you want to settle down and just read for over an hour. I tend to rarely have such discipline now so prefer reading on my phone (6.5in screen) or if the book is available in audiobook to listen.

Leia
2019-01-14 23:02

#5 Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking of getting one even more so now I hope to go travelling after uni. A E-reader will be much lighter than carrying around a bunch of books! Although I don't think I could read a full book from my phone.

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: