Annons:
Tagclassic
Read 7486 times
Evelina
2018-03-07 23:23

Z: The Beginning of Everything - Trailer

My flatmate and I just finished watching this series. 

We binge watched the whole thing this evening. Laughing out loud

Z: The Beginning of Everything is a bio-Season of the life of Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, Southern Belle turned flapper, writer and icon of modern feminism. 

I never knew about the woman behind the author, Scott Fitzgerald, who is most famous from the book The Great Gatsby

Here is an interesting article that I read about Zelda: Zelda Wasn’t ‘Crazy’: How What You Don’t Know About Fitzgerald Tells Us Something About ‘Crazy’ Women, Then and Now.

"There are the stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s unparalleled tolerance for alcohol. His relationships with Ernest Hemingway and Dorothy Parker figure prominently into the ways he is remembered, too. But his marriage to Zelda Sayre is also part of Fitzgerald lore, notable for one fact in particular: Zelda was crazy. At least, that’s how the story goes.

“Crazy” is a gendered trope. Arguably, calling women “crazy” is the most commonly-used strategy for stereotyping and devaluing us. (It’s also a label that functions to stigmatize mental illness.) Consider Yashir Ali’s “A Message to Women From a Man: You Are Not ‘Crazy.’” Ali explores gaslighting, a subtle process of emotional manipulation regularly used to convince women that our reaction is an overreaction. As Ali notes, “Whether gaslighting is conscious or not, it produces the same result: It renders some women emotionally mute.”"

-The Huffington Post by Heather Laine Talley

Annons:
Niklas
2018-03-08 08:30

What did you think of it?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-03-08 11:48

Well considering we binge watched it for 5 hours.. it was really good. Plus we were very disappointed that Amazon initially ordered a second season of it, only to cancel it a few months later. So it ends on a weird note. However, if you read about her life on wiki or other sources you'll know what happens to her. She lived a very tragic life and also died in a horrific fire.

Leia
2018-03-08 11:52

It's a great series! I really hope to buy and read her personal diaries.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-03-08 12:04

Thanks. I haven’t used Amazon for renting movies. How does it work? How much does it cost?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-03-08 12:27

Amazon Prime is £7.99/month or £79 upfront for a whole year. For students, it is £3.99/month or £39 annual. 

It works like Netflix, except with more benefits such as, Secure unlimited photo storage (amazon drive), unlimited reading on any device (Ebooks), prime music, unlimited one-day delivery on millions of eligible items and even a gaming streaming subscription.

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2018-03-08 12:40

Do you get both the movies, the books and the music for 7.99 GBP a month?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-03-08 23:14

Yeah! All of it☺️

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2018-03-09 00:04

Really good interview! She is really well spoken and intelligent 🙂

Scroll to top
Annons: