Annons:
Taggeneral
Read 3112 times
Leia
2018-06-28 20:31

Holiday disaster!

Despite the hundreds of books I have yet to read at home, silly me I had forgotten to choose and bring one to read for my holiday! Thankfully, I remembered at the airport before boarding my flight and had the chance to buy a new one.

I decided to pick up a copy of Catherine Law’s novel; The First Dance, that was first published in late March this year. The story was split into two timelines,  from 1924 and from 1931, but most of the action takes place during the early 1930s.  I particularly liked the beautiful descriptions of Cornwall, Venice and places alike that juxtaposed against the harrowing sadness that ran through the book. I had managed to read about two-thirds of the way until disaster struck!

A large team of amateur football lads had come to stay at our hotel. I had been minding my own business in the pool while one of the boys decided he had to sit on my sunbed despite the fact that there were at least 20 more free and not in use! I shouted over to him that I would be very mad if he made me lose the page I was on. Shortly after the rest of the guys joined me in the pool and was splashing around very obnoxiously so I soon got out. I returned to my sun-bed to find my book on the floor in the soaking wet water. The book was completely drenched and it had caused the pages to fall out of it!

I was so mad!! I still had about half of my holiday left in which I needed a book to entertain me and didn’t know of any Spanish shops that would stock that particular book! I felt like I was in some kind of emotional state, I was left not knowing the ending and I had just started one of the more juicier moments!! Is there a name for this feeling!?

Have you ever been forced to abruptly finish a book midway?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2018-06-29 02:59

Oh complete bummer! Can you download it from amazon?

Niklas
2018-06-29 10:36

It's not available for Kindle, but an expensive audiobook is available from Apple Books (iBooks).

» The First Dance (Unabridged) by Catherine Law - Download The First Dance (Unabridged) in iTunes

You can also sign up for a trial of Audible and get it for free.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-06-30 19:40

I did think of that but it was too hot to be using my phone or iPad 😩 plus I didn’t fancy paying for something I had already bought!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: