Annons:
Tag:ย historical
Read 1639 times
Evelina
2020-05-19 10:07

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

[

View this post on Instagram

](https://www.instagram.com/p/CANxw_jn0PS/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading)

Daisy Jones and The Six๐Ÿ“šโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒธ โ™ก REVIEW โ™ก I started reading this book when there was a thunderstorm outside and I remember instantly falling for this redheaded girl named Daisy Jones. I definitely won't deny that I have a thing for wild female characters, but Daisy has something so unique about her. Something that is so addictive and makes you want to be around her. I loved her immediately because she's always barefoot and she reads books to escape the world. But Daisy Jones is also wild and daring and unapologetic and she goes goes out into the world of music with wide-eyed marvel and unstoppable determination. Daisy Jones is so broken, but it makes her such a whole character. There's nothing missing about her. She is complex and she has scars and her breathtaking beauty and free-spirit cover up so much pain and inner turmoil. I loved everything about Daisy Jones and I think you will too. The setting of this book is Los Angeles in the late 60s. The heat of a 60s summer in LA is captured within these pages and the excitement of sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll that pulsates beneath the (gorgeous) cover make this book really hard to put down. It is written in an Interview-style, which gives you the feeling that the characters are actually talking to you and telling you a story. It's super interesting that every character seems to remember things in a different way! The song texts made me want to listen to The Six sing live and I found it really hard to comprehend that the band is not real. I really need a band-tee. I don't care that it's not a real band, okay? ALSO, there'll be a show based on Daisy Jones and The Six coming soon so the songs will actually come to life! Definitely get yourself a copy of this. It's so worth it!โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ“š #book #books #bookstagram #booknerd #booklover #booksofinstagram #bookworm #bookreview #daisyjonesandthesix #reesesbookclub #reesesbookclubxhellosunshine #reesesbookclubpick #daisyjones #bookshelf #bookrecommendation #bookrecommendations #reading #readbooks #booksta #booklove #reader #readersofinstagram

A post shared by Living the book life๐Ÿ“š (@book_wildwoodflower) on May 15, 2020 at 9:30am PDT

Wow! This book is rich. Probably my second favorite book I have read in awhile. ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒผ

Annons:
Niklas
2020-05-19 20:46

The review had me thinking of fake band T-shirts. Maybe I should make one. ๐Ÿ™‚ Well written review! I like the way she/he writes.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2020-05-20 16:11

What would be on the fake band t-shirt? Iโ€™m curious ๐Ÿคจ

Niklas
2020-05-28 12:36

Hm, I don't knowโ€”a cool fake band name, a logo, and perhaps some phony tour dates on the back. The challenge would be to make it look like something people had heard of when they haven't. ๐Ÿ˜€

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย