Annons:
Tagfeminist
Read 2110 times
Evelina
2020-05-25 13:19

Rodham by Curtis Sittenfeld

What if Hillary hadn’t married Bill Clinton? I started listening to Rodham yesterday. I was really intrigued by the above question. I am still on Chapter 1, which focuses on Hillary and Bill’s budding romance in the 1970s. It is a bit awkward but I read in a review that will pass as it moves into a more fictional story. The beginning sets the historical facts around Hillary’s early adulthood which is familiar to me as a reader, but it feels strange to hear the dialogue and sex scenes between Hillary and Bill when they were first dating. 😂 Maybe it comes off more strange because I am listening to it as an audiobook.

[

View this post on Instagram

](https://www.instagram.com/p/CAXeuAJgR56/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading)

This incredible book by Curtis Sittenfeld is out today! A tour-de-force of contemporary fiction, reimagining the life of Hillary Rodham if she hadn’t married Bill Clinton. #Rodham is unforgettable and unputdownable, an examination of female ambition in a world ruled by men. It’s one of my favourite campaigns (and books) and I’m so excited for it to be out there in the world! ✨🥰

A post shared by Sofia Casanova ✨ (@theliterarycasanova) on May 19, 2020 at 3:56am PDT

Annons:
Niklas
2020-05-28 12:56

I remember reading about them in Newsweek at the beginning of the 90s. Probably when he was a presidential candidate the first time. She was portrayed as the smarter and more ambitious of the two, and with a lot of political views. I think she even participated in protests.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-05-29 16:31

I just finished the book. The writing was not entirely captivating. In fact, at times it was a bit of bore but I still found aspects of it interesting. It is a thought provoking book as it plays out the dynamic of Hillary running for president as a woman, and in this alternate history, running against Bill Clinton.

Niklas
2020-06-01 10:53

Do you think it added to the fictional story that the main characters are real? I imagine it can be both a limitation and add spice to the story.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: